I realized the other day that, despite frequently getting compliments on my complexion, I have never shared what I do to keep my skin looking its best. My skin is slightly oily & not prone to breakouts, so I feel like I kind of hit the genetic lottery there. That being said, as I get older, I am worried about wrinkles, sun spots, & loss of firmness, so I’m more careful about my routine. Keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different, so what works for me may not work for you. It’s also important to listen to what your skin needs – sometimes it’s a little more sensitive, or needs more moisture, etc.
- I start both my morning & night routine with the ELEMIS Gentle Foaming Facial Wash. It has become my go-to cleanser because it cleans away makeup & impurities, without over-drying my skin like some cleansers do.
- After cleansing, I use Indie Lee’s CoQ-10 Toner. This is a great toner for the am because it’s hydrating, soothing, but also contains anti-oxidants to protect the skin throughout the day. If you’re wondering whether you really need a toner, check out Grace’s post on that here.
- Next up is Kate Sommerville’s ExfoliKate Glow Moisturizer. An AHA moisturizer is a must for anti-aging & this one contains glycolic acid. Last time I got a facial, my esthetician recommended that I use a glycolic acid daily to help exfoliate & get rid of the little bumps that were popping up along my jaw line. I’ve got to stop resting my face on my hands at work!
- Finally, since I use an AHA moisturizer & they can increase sun sensitivity, I always finish with a sunscreen.
- At night, I use Garnier’s Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup & follow-up with the ELEMIS Gentle Foaming Facial Wash. I love that the Micellar Water removes all of my eye makeup quickly & easily, without leaving behind any residue.
- After cleansing at night, I use either the Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid, a salicylic acid, or Alpha H Liquid Gold, a glycolic acid. These liquids are stronger than the Indie Lee toner, so I use them at night when I’m not using an AHA moisturizer & I alternate them. Both are really great exfoliants.
- I’ve been trying Edible Beauty’s Gold Rush Eye Balm since I received it in the Spring Box of Style. I’m noticing fine lines around my eyes & have always had dark circles, so I’m really excited to see how this one performs.
- I finish with Algenist’s Genius Sleeping Collagen. This one is the priciest item in my routine. I received in a PR package & I’m undecided whether I’d actually spend the money on it. It’s a heavy, deep moisturizer that is perfect for nighttime.
Shop the Post